MyGuaranteedPlan.ca is a not-for-profit website that represents independently owned funeral establishments in Canada. We are dedicated to providing you with no obligation information about the financial and emotional benefits of pre-planning final arrangements for yourself or a loved one. Planning is such an important part of life. We plan our vacations, weddings and retirement so why avoid planning for the inevitable? Planning ahead just makes sense. It will save you money and provide peace of mind to you and your family so why wait any longer?
HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Pre-planning Your Final Wishes
Pre-planning is about recording, in writing, your final wishes with a Funeral Establishment. When you work with a licensed Funeral Establishment to prepare your funeral plans, your wishes and payment options are documented by a contract between you and the Funeral Establishment. At the time of need, your family will have the funeral service arranged for them by the Funeral Professional. If you pre-paid for the funeral arrangement, the Funeral Professional will inform your family of the services that are covered by your contract and arrange the funeral accordingly.
How does pre-planning my final wishes help my loved ones?
When your wishes are clearly documented, it relieves your family of much stress and confusion and allows them to focus on healing and coming to terms with their loss. When the funeral plan is pre-paid, your family is spared the expense at an emotional time.
What should you expect at an appointment with a pre-planning specialist?
Pre-planning your final wishes is a simple and straight forward process. At your appointment, the Pre-Planning Specialist will ask you the type of service you prefer and outline the details of the various options you can choose. They will discuss the options available and design a plan that best fits the needs of you and your family. You are always free to change your mind about your services.
The Financial Benefits of Funeral Pre-Planning
A Wise Financial Estate Plan
- Earns Interest.
- Is secure and the contract price is guaranteed.
- Is part of a wise financial and estate plan.
- Offers tax benefits.
How is my privacy protected?
All pre-paid contracts abide by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act or PIPEDA, set out by the Ministry of Justice. Please visit laws.justice.gc.ca for more information.
How is my money retrieved & used for my funeral coverage?
- At the time of need, the Funeral Establishment notifies the financial institution, where your pre-paid funds are in trust, with a proof of death certificate.
- Your funds are released to the Funeral Establishment to pay for the contracted funeral arrangement.
- Any money left over must by law go back to your estate or beneficiary.
How is my money protected?
- Your money is deposited in trust, by law, with a 3rd party financial institution that is covered & guaranteed by CDIC, DICO or Assuris.
- Your funds cannot be used by the Funeral Establishment or their creditors as outlined in the Ontario Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act.
- All pre-paid deposits in trust with a financial institution (bank, credit union or insurance company) are covered by Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) for banks, Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario (DICO) for credit unions or the insurance industry protection fund, Assuris.
How does MyGuaranteedPlan.ca fit into to all this?
MyGuaranteedPlan.ca is a not-for-profit website where you can learn about all the benefits of Pre-Planning/Pre-arranging your traditional funeral, cremation or celebration of life. Simply fill out our no obligation Get Started Form to receive our FREE Planning Package filled with great information including a Planning Guide where you can record all of your important information and wishes. This is simply an opportunity for you to poke around and get more info on the potential benefits to you and your family. There is no obligation or commitment of any kind.